I am Grateful
I am grateful for my lovely blogging community and for the various awards for which I have been nominated. With the many thousands of really amazing blogs that abound, I am always surprised when someone nominates me for an award. However, I keep coming back to the one idea that this is the way that bloggers recognize each other and give one another a little pat on the back – a kind of pay-it-forward encouragement.
Recently my friend, Lori, at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Lori has a very beautiful blog in which she focuses on low glycemic and very often gluten-free recipes. Lori is highly talented and creates many of her own scrumptious recipes. Now she is including her own graphic artwork on her blog. I really admire her for this, as it adds so much personality to her blog. Thanks so much, Lori! I really appreciate this beautiful award!
The Beautiful Blogger Award is given to bloggers whose awards you find beautiful. Well my goodness, I follow so many beautiful blogs, how do I choose?
Here are the guidelines for this award:
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo to your blog.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5 – 7 other bloggers and say a little something about their blog so that they know why you nominated them.
Here are my nominees:
1. Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook Because you are creative, even if the title of your blog says you’re not.
2. Hilda @ Along the Grapevine I love the beauty of the recipes you create from your surroundings.
3. Sue @ Burgerbird I love pouring through your recipes and planning which ones to try.
4. Johnny @ Kitschnflavours You cook many beautiful, new things I would love to try.
5. MB @ Bourbon and Brown Sugar The title of your blog makes me hungry and so do your lovely recipes.
The second award that I was nominated for is the Most Influential Blogger Award. Arl, over at Arl’s World so kindly nominated me for this super award! Honestly, this award made me chuckle because it seems out of my league! But, I will honour Arl’s kindness in finding me influential and I will pass it on. Thanks so much, Arl! You have a wonderful blog and I am really happy that we are part of the same community. In this way we influence each other!
Here are the guidelines for this award:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a blog post and thank the Blogger who nominated you.
- Present some deserving Bloggers with the Award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know they are nominated with a comment (or a pingback).
- Include an embedded video of your current favorite song (from YouTube etc, just copy and paste the link into your WordPress editor).
I can’t honestly tell you that I have a favourite song; there must be thousands of songs that I like. But recently I have discovered this Canadian group whose music I really enjoy. I find myself singing their songs frequently! Here is one that I like:
Here are the nominees for this award. You may not know it, but your blogs have been an inspiration to me and have had a huge influence on me and my blog. I have learned from you and look forward to all of your new posts! Thank-you.
1. Catherine @ Catherine Cuisine
2. Mimi @ Chef Mimi Blog
3. Ngan @ Ngan Made It
4. Saucy @ Saucy Gander
5. Naina @ Spice in the City
26 Responses to “I am Grateful”
Well-deserved, Julianna! Congratulations!
Hey Angie! Thnaks so much! 😀
Congrats Julianna! Both of these awards are so you! May they be a great encouragement! And thanks for your sweet words! So glad to know you!
Hey Lori! Well thanks to you and I am really glad to know you too! 😀
How lovely, congratulations on your well deserved accolades xx
Thanks Elaine! See you over at Fiesta Friday tomorrow! 😀
You will xx
Congratulations on all the awards! 🏆 Well deserved! 😊
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Congratulations Julianna 🙂
Thanks Linda! 🙂
Congratulations, Chef Julianna!!! And thank you so much for the nomination. The music video is cool. 😉 See you at FF. 😀
And to you too, Jhuls! Glad you liked the music video!
Thank you so much!
My pleasure! 🙂
Congratulations on both awards! Thanks so much for the kind words! I am so glad we are in the same community and I got to know you and your awesome blog. I love our Fiesta Fridays!! 🙂
Me too, Arl! Just love our Fiesta Fridays! 😀
Many congrats! And thank you for the nomination. Now to have a listen to the track you’ve embedded!
Hey Johnny! You’re so welcome! You have a wonderful blog! Hope you liked the track! 😀
Congratulations, awards are wonderful validation from our fellow bloggers. Loved learning more about you.
So glad to hear it! 😀
This nomination is such an honour for me Julianna! To be “influential” is a great feeling 🙂 I love your creative blog and its world cuisine touch too 🙂
Well, I’m sure that you are influential to many bloggers, Catherine! I just love your blog too! 🙂
[…] @ Creating Beauty in the Kitchen and Chef Julianna @ Foodie on Board who nominated me on May 15 and June 11. Ha! See? It was long time. Well, no expiry for passing the award. So here I am… Finally!! Uh, I […]